The Technical Support Team
The Technical Support Team supports the Society’s members by providing research and information on the police funding environment. The Team provides ongoing support throughout the financial year by co-ordinating consultation responses and producing briefings and analyses developments in police finance. The Team is also responsible for the management of the Society’s accounts and website.
How We Work
Each member of the Police and Crime Commissioners Treasurers’ Society pays an annual subscription to fund the work of the Technical Support Team, which is directed by the Society. The Team supports the Society of County Treasurers (SCT) in a similar way.
Who We Are
The Team has four members of staff, of which three are currently full-time. Individual team members lead on topics such as formula funding, consultation responses, the Society’s accounts, and maintenance of the Society’s website. To contact the Technical Support Team please access the Contact Us page, or members can log in to access further information and the contact details for each team member on the Technical Support Team page.
What We Do
The Technical Support Team undertakes the following tasks to provide support to Society members:
- Produce briefings on funding announcements that affect police finance;
- Provide analysis and information on the police finance distribution system and in particular the formula funding mechanism, including the effects of data and methodology changes;
- Provide analysis of the annual police finance settlement for individual members as well as police overall;
- Co-ordinate surveys of members on various financial issues, including budget plans and spending. These can be used by members and the Society to aid lobbying of central government and inform consultation responses;
- Respond to consultations on behalf of the Police and Crime Commissioners Treasurers’ Society and in conjunction with Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (APCCS);
- Attend meetings with central government on behalf of the Society;
- Prepare and present update reports on developments in police finance at the regular meetings of PACCTS;
- Produce regular newsletters, updating members on the Technical Support Team’s current work and relevant news items from the press; and
- Update the PACCTS website, a comprehensive resource for members where information such as survey results, briefings, analysis and consultation responses is provided primarily on password-protected webpages;